To jump to a section of the book, click the corresponding link below:
- Course Front Page
- An Introduction to News Literacy
- News Literacy at a Glance
- Online Course Unit Outline
- The line between News and Opinion
- The Opinion Journalists
- The Ethics of the Opinion Journalist
- A Short History of Opinion Journalism
- Cable TV News: An Opinion Niche?
- The Value of Opinion Journalism and How to Spot it
- Why should you care which is which?
- Opinion or Mere Assertion?
- Summing Up Lesson 5
- The Power of Context
- More on Transparency
- Deconstructing TV
- Advantages of TV News
- Disadvantages of TV News
- The TV News Viewer's Challenge
- Rules for the TV News Consumer
- Summing Up Lesson 9